Re: missing datafile on STANDBY DATABASE.

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:51:08 +0300

Hello Carel,

I have resolved the issue.
What I have done was, on primary database, I put the tablespace which was belonging to missing datafile, in backup mode, copied the datafile to standby location, restored all necessary archivelogs to the archive destination of standby and started the MRP process. This does the trick.

Thank you all for your valuable advice.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."