Re: Oracle Auditing Recommendations

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:27:50 -0500

We handle both operations and development. We do a lot of cloning and creating of the db's for dev and testing environments. As far as sys goes, most of the time we go in as the oracle user and just / as sysdba. This has the same security implication as SYS/password as sysdba.

Normally we are only in as SYS during create/clone and startup and shutdown operations. It's actually VERY sparingly used by the DBA group. We're a rather paranoid bunch about going in with that much access ourselves. It's too easy to do something damaging.