sort_area_retained_size bigger than sort_area_size and memory leak ?

From: Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:58:08 +0200

Hi,

   on one of ours SF890 (Solaris 9 20GB RAM ,20GB swap) with oracle 8.1.7.4 32-bit installed.
We experiencing memory leak, there is less and less swap space from 20GB free
to almost 0 in 5-6 days. There is no obvious reason why is that, I mean no large memory allocations by processes, even oracle v$sesstat for' %ga memory' value looks pretty normal (max 9MB pga for process, but total ~2GB).
There is about 500 oracle session , SGA size defined as 1,8GB. The only parameter which focused my attention was sort_area_retained_size = 30M and smaller sort_area_size =1,5M . Is there any reason for memory leak with such 'anomaly' ? Frankly speaking Im out of any other ideas. Any suggestions ?
Best Regards.
Grzegorz Goryszewski

PS. Fajny portal... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f196a

--