RE: missing datafile on STANDBY DATABASE.

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:33:41 -0500

Please read:

8.4.1 Adding a Datafile or Creating a Tablespace

In the Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration manual. This is for a Physical standby, I don't know what you have but I'm guessing it's a physical not a logical. And this is the section number in 9.2, again I'm assuming you are on 9.2, might be slightly different in other database versions.

Ric Van Dyke
Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007. Be there.