Re: RAC installation issues

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:19:16 -0400

Both instances see shared disks using different ASM instances the same way as they see database using 2 different RAC instances. You need one ASM instance per node.
I think install process takes care of that - just let it run.

On 8/7/06, Antonio Belloni <toni_belloni_at_yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are setting up an Oracle RAC environment in IBM
> AIX. We've read all the documentation and some books
> and we understood very well the installation process.
>
> We are using Oracle Standard Edition and a two-node
> setup. We've outlined the main tasks:
> - Configure raw devices for OCR and voting;
> - Configure storage for ASM;
> - Install Oracle RAC in server 1 and server 2
>
> But where should we install ASM? Oracle support told
> us that we need one instance of ASM in server 1 and
> one instance of ASM in server 2. How to do both
> servers, using different ASM instances, see the same
> shared disks? Or do I need one ASM instance in server
> 1 and make server 2 use this instance installed in
> server 1?
>
> We've searched all books and install guides, but could
> not find anything that would help us with these
> questions. Please, could someone help us or pointed us
> a good documentation or book regarding this issues?
>
> Best regards,
> Antonio Belloni

> Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer
> compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas !
> http://br.answers.yahoo.com/

Regards,
Ranko Mosic
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
Phone: 416-450-2785
email: mosicr_at_rogers.com
http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@rogers.com/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html