RE: problem consistently getting explain plan with 10046 trace

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:30:55 -0500

Ryan,

The Oracle kernel emits the STAT lines to the trace only when the application closes a cursor. Exiting before disabling the trace is usually the surest way to make the close event occur. So do this instead:

alter session set time_statistics=true;

alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';

<run stuff>

disconnect;

Cary Millsap

Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.

http://www.hotsos.com

Nullius in verba

Hotsos Symposium 2007 / March 4-8 / Dallas

Visit www.hotsos.com for curriculum and schedule details...