Re: Inheriting a "interesting" recovery process

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:27:07 -0400

MessageOMG, let me get my raincoat and umbrella out because I think a s*&t storm is coming.

  Well, the only reason I would do colds is that the database is shut nicely and do not have to keep the archivelogs produced during the backup... also, shutting down the database once in a while avoids having problems with the fragmentation of the shared pool and stuff like that...

  Abraham Guerra