RE: Simple question (I think)

From: Zanen, dhr. J.A. \(Jack\) van <zanenj_at_noord-holland.nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:26:07 +0200

So the shared server option mentioned in that document was used. That's good.

But it can be done more secure, so I'll have a talk with the Firewall people and see what if we can use the SQL*Net proxy.

Thx

Van: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Verzonden: woensdag 2 augustus 2006 20:22 Aan: Zanen, dhr. J.A. (Jack) van
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Onderwerp: Re: Simple question (I think)

On 8/2/06, Zanen, dhr. J.A. (Jack) van <zanenj_at_noord-holland.nl> wrote:

Hi All,

This is what needs to be done:
We have a website in a DMZ that needs to access data in our databases that are behind a firewall.
I have never had to deal with DMZ, firewall issues before, so I ask this

list for some advice

Neither have I.

Which is why I would start with MetaLink Note 152133.1.

        SECOND question.

        Is this a good way to go through the firewall? Or are there issues with

        this way of doing it. Furthermore hwo did you solve this.

Poking holes in your firewall is not generally considered a good practice.

See the note I mentioned, then do further searches on MetaLink.

--

Jared Still

Aan dit bericht en eventuele bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Het Provinciaal Bestuur van Noord-Holland.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Aug 03 2006 - 03:26:07 CDT