RE: rman compressed backup is much smaller but very slow

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:19:51 -0400

When I turned on the compression, all the 4 cpu's just pegged on a pretty good solid machine because we had 4 threads. We have played around a lot with tuning the backups which made the difference. We have backed up to Disk and tape. Pros/cons with both like write to multiple tapes as recovery is faster etc. I think we get about 160gig backed up per hour on average

Brian