Re: Column order in indices (oracle 9.2)

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:57:21 -0700

Is the partitioning based on the first(leading) column of the index? In my experience - don't know if it's a fixed rule - a local partitioned index is not being used unless the partitioning column is among the predicates. Having said that, I haven't had a chance to possibly revise that experience with Oracle 9.2 or 10.

Quoting genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com:

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA