Re: ** books

From: stv <stvsmth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:47:12 -0600

Well as a newbie dba it's good to know I have 3 of 4 books ... would you have an recommended order of reading? And how do the OraDocs fit into this? Will reading these relegate the Oracle Concepts book to a reference? (I can see the hyperlinked PDF being useful)

I've read thru Tom Kyte's architecture book ... he mentions the Concepts manual but in scanning the Concepts PDF Kyte seems to provide better coverage on the 80%. I have a feeling that book will be even more useful after being in the trenches for a spell.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059600527X
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596003811
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590595300
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201715848