oracle label security

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:16:43 -0500

List,

With Oracle Label Security I can block access to records and columns to specific users. Can I allow access to a column within a record to only specific information? I was asked this by a "developer/manager". There is a CLOB column datatype within a table. He wants to know if I can restrict access and/or filter to only specific elements within that column for that record.

Maybe an example. Say with the CLOB column of a record I have

"See the dog run"

can I use OLS to allow users to only see

"dog run"

within that column for that record?

thanks.