Re: Index Rebuilds

From: Stalin <stalinsk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:03:07 -0700

exactly that's what makes me go nuts. tkprof snippet was taken after coalesce. I get the preferred execution plan but the query does 65484 disk reads to run that query.

Asif,

I did gather stats after coalesce.

>Will you be using the output number of rows for further processing ?
>or is it only to see the existences of type = 'live' ?

Both. I imported the table from production to test and ran the same query. It took only couple of millisecs with index_ffs scan.