Re: open_cursors question

From: Jignesh Patel <jignyesh.patel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:17:24 -0400

Sandra,

  1. Does closing a connection really close the associated resultsets?

    Yes.

  2. 5000 open_cursors seems excessive to me. How do I determine if this is really what's needed or do we have other "code" options?

Some time, application execute one sql select statement ( which may return more than 1000 or 10000 rows) and process one record at a time using another sql statement in loop. Application close result set after processing all the records,but main sql statement return more than 5000 ( Open_cursor value ) rows then application will fail. You may discuss with Development team to resolve this issue.