Re: Question on starting up Oracle with "startup force"

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:26:30 +0200

Amir,

True - it has nothing to do with another machine and nor shutdown abort nor startup force clean anything on another node.

FYI, I thinkg we have changed startup to startup force even in VCS 3.5 as this is more secure in a way that if instance is left in some fancy state (whatever processes left hanging around and etc.) startup force has more chances to succeed. So unless you have specific concerns I would leave startup force - it's cleaner.

Regards,
Alex

--
Best regards,