Re: q:oracle home install on external storage

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:12:55 -0600

It might seem like a less good idea after you talk to your sys admins. Let me know if their heads explode. ;-)

Installing OS on "external storage" (depending on what you mean by that) may or may not be possible, depending on your OS, hardware, firmware, etc.

Of course, by some definitions, a "hot-pluggable" disk inside the server (providing it is accessible without "cracking the case") qualifies as "external storage". By other definitions, your storage might not be considered "external" unless it is possible (or maybe even *feasible*) to house it on a different continent than the server.

Most definitions of "external" will lie somewhere in between. ;-)

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead