Re: Logical Standby Issues (cont.)

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:34:48 -0600

Full scans on the table being updated? Maybe, but I'd be surprised. (Unless
the primary key *has* been removed, but I had the impression that PKs were mandatory for Logical Standby...)

But what about other tables (in the standby instance) with FK constraints referring the the table undergoing mass updates? Are their indexes on the FK-constrained columns?

Unindexed foreign-keys can be extraordinarily painful, as I recall...

Anyway, just a thought...

--

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead