Re: Logical Standby Issues (cont.)

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:19:23 -0700

Thanks for that clarification. I've read the DG Broker and DG Concepts and Administration manuals twice. My mind must have wandered off where they explain exactly how SQL Apply processes SQL statements.

I don't have new information yet. In my test environment, even though I set my test table to be skipped by SQL Apply (the one where I CTAS'd from DBA_OBJECTS), chewing through the archived logs is painfully slow. Each archived log contains about 4 seconds' worth of redo but it takes about ten minutes for the logical standby to chew through each one. I may have to just bite the bullet and rebuild my test logical standby. I know that I'll need to experiment wit the MAX_SGA setting for SQL Apply because the default is way too low for doing an update to an entire "large" table. I'm seeing much paging out to a LOB in the SYSAUX tablespace.