RE: RAC in NAS

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:17:12 -0400

It's kind of inverted actually - NAS can be more expensive than SAN, and SAN can be much worse than NAS. The storage market has expanded in so many different directions that its very difficult to figure out what is the best for your organization. I would generically throw it out like this - assuming apples-to-apples comparison:

So - in the end, its what you need and what your organization wants to buy. I'm a big NAS believer, but I've recommended SAN solutions to our customers where I believe it makes sense. I do think there's a lot of exciting things going on in the storage space right now, and I suspect infrastructure will look a lot different five years from now.

Thanks,
Matt