RE: Getting all tapes used out of RMAN

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:47:28 -0500

Well that stinks! Not your response (which was awesome), but that Oracle would present something that's useful, only to say you can't depend on it because it may not be complete.

Oh well, guess I'm back to UNIX commands.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com>

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

Oracle
> just stores pretty meaningless data in the MEDIA field - like this:
> /NBDP1/XYZ/xyzunx01_1153837292_C1_F1, so I have no visibility to what
> tape my backup might be on within RMAN - I have to query the Netbackup
> catalog to find that info.
>
> Regards,
> Brandon

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.