Re: ORA-00481: LMON process terminated with error

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:51:18 +0400

Does your "single instance" use the same ORACLE_HOME as that of RAC? Then the software is RAC-aware, communicates with clusterware etc. You may use non-RAC home. On unix it is simple - just make a copy of ORACLE_HOME, change the environment (ORACLE_HOME and dependants) and relink oracle executable
$ export ORACLE_HOME=new_oracle_home # don't forget other environment variables
$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
$ make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle rac_off

LS Cheng: