RE: Logical Standby Issues (cont.)

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:06:27 -0500

Yes SQL Apply creates an individual SQL statement for each row that gets updated. This was supposed to change in 10 to where a more "bulk like" update would take place, but as I recall there were still some instances where it may still be have to use one update per row. I don't remember all the gory details of what the cases are, but apparently you are hitting at least one of them.

Ric Van Dyke
Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007. Be there.