10.2.0.2 EE RAC, RHEL4 and LVM2 support?

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:02:56 -0500

I'm trying to avoid using ASM. It works, but I don't like having to use RMAN to do everything. There are more, but I'll let it go.

I've looked all over and can't find any references so I thought I'd check with the list.
I was asked if we could use LVM2 (which is cluster aware) to manage disks in a RAC cluster.
Instead of adding a new LUN and creating a new file system "/oraXX", they want to add a new lun to the volume group and extend it.

the RAC faq says it's not supported because lvm is not cluster aware, but that's LVM1 and RHEL3.
this is LVM2 and RHEL4.

Does anybody know if it's supported?
RH has notes on lvm2, gfs and RAC. I would hope they would publish docs on certified configs.

I was also considering OCFS2 and expanding the LUN (i.e. metalun), but can't find anything on how to extend the partition. I think they said after growing the LUN, use tuneocfs to extend the drive, but nothing about the partition.
maybe I'm misreading it.

thanks,
steve