q:oracle home install on external storage

From: Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:22:40 +0300

Hi , I'm checking option to install oracle home (software ) on external drive.

The logical beyond that is that In case of disaster of machine failure , I will be able to recovery very quickly.

As far as I know, in windows environment it will be a little complicate because the use of registry . But I wander if 10g things has improved a little bit , maybe using oracle cloning ? ?

Any ideal ?

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to ECtel Ltd. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.