Re: Intermedia Tuning

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:18:00 +0200

Hello

tuning intermedia is much like tuning lob applications, for example put the blob that holds the image (<your ordsys.ordimage column>.source.localdata) into a separate tablespace, and use the largest blocksize your platform supports - you'll already gain a lot from just that simple measure

also, be sure that you have the natively compiled libraries (ncomp) installed - that'll boost your intermedia java performance (iow the ordimage.process methods)

some other useful tips you'll find in the intermedia docs, there's a whole chapter on performance tuning, but if you implement the 2 suggestions above you'll sure notice an increase in performance

Stefan