Re: Oracle replication with EMC2

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:48:16 +0200

Hi J B

So, we are not talking about SRDF backup but using SRDF to copy BCV to backup site.
In this case the SRDF does not matter as it is only the transport medium.

I did some testing with BCV.
I split the disks and then connected the BCV to another computer using the same drive letter.
The database started up with no problems. The effect is like power failure on the server.
As long as you have all the tablespaces and the redo logs the database will come up just fine.

Tested on windows, 9206.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel