RE: Oracle... one DB connects, one does not...

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:21:37 -0600

Don't think so... remember that both of the databases (one working and one not working) are on the same machine, though they are using a different port. What is also odd is that if the database is left up overnight, then it starts working.... if it's shutdown overnight it doesn't start working. We killed all the jobs (thinking it was the job scheduler) and that did not make a difference. We killed all CRON jobs, still nothing. No remote jobs are scheduled.

It's the darndest thing I've ever seen. Still a few more things to test here and there though.

RF