Re: batch file scripting

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:21:41 -0700

I would be very surprised if such a site/tool existed.

Any shell script of moderate complexity would be very difficult to translate to windows batch scripting via automated facility.

What can be done with 1 or 2 lines in shell often takes many lines of code in windows.

eg. A one liner in shell. Get a filename with a date stamp. jkstill-0 > f='myfile_'$(date +%Y-%m-%d) jkstill-0 > echo $f
myfile_2006-07-19

Doing this in Windows requires several lines of vbscript and temporary files.

If you really need to run the shell scripts in Windows, consider using Cygwin.

Or just rewrite them.

On 7/19/06, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a site that is good for translating unix shell
> scripts
> into Windows batch files? I have two rman scripts that I want to run on a
> windows server.
>
> thanks.

Jared Still