Re: sys password in a RAC

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  Your command will modify the password file on the node on which you run the command.   You either have to copy the file manually to the other nodes or run the same command on all nodes of the cluster.

  Regards,
  Fairlie

Derya Oktay <deryaoktay_at_gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,
I am currently dealing with the SYS password in a RAC environment. I get confused with the information I had searched so for. I especially want to know the relations between the password file and ALTER USER SYS IDENTIFIED BY <sys_passpord>; command. What changes, after changing both or one by one. Regards, Derya.

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant

  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
  M: +61 406 537 397

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 19 2006 - 05:24:12 CDT