Re: Oracle issue with Ultrasparc CPU's

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:53:51 -0700

Server downgrade with Identical storage could cause performance degrade too. I have seen case, when we upgrade from 880 2900, storage not changing, and a simple full table scan time reduced to half. It could due to just server bus faster, CPU speed is same for 880 and 2900 I think, 2900 was dual core, but my full scan job is not using parallel at all. You are doing the downgrade actually.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao