RE: Stragne Recovery problem

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:43:34 +0800

The next time you try the recovery can you a. ALTER DATABASE MOUNT with the copied controlfile b. Query V$LOG and V$ARCHIVED_LOG (these are fetched from the controlfile) and check the Log Sequence Numbers ?
c. Even query V$DATABASE for the SCN

and then compare them with those on the source database ?

At 03:00 AM Tuesday, Rich Holland [oramail] wrote: <snip>

> In our
>case, they recovered from the FIRST redo log file (e.g. 8355 in my example),
>and then said the database was consistent, and the log sequence number was
>set immediately to 8401 (I guess based on the current log sequence number of
>the online redo which were copied again with the control files a couple
>weeks after the initial copy...

How did you identify "8401" (you say "I guess .."). After you OPENed the recovered database and then did a switch logfile, what Log Sequence Number did the alert.log show (or if it was running ArchiveLog) was generated in the log_archive_dest ?
Can you retry these steps and post the V$LOG, V$ARCHIVED_LOG and V$DATABASE listings from source database and from target _before_ and after the RECOVER DATABASE
commands ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital