Re: ** table with clob slow

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

Jared and Leng,

     Thanks. I will keep this in mind for import. right nowexport itself is slow. Thanks

Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

  On 6/23/06, Leng Kaing <Leng.Kaing_at_hsntech.com> wrote: During imports, depending on the size of your clob column, you may be able to get away with COMMIT=N. I've found this to be much faster than COMMIT=Y. However, it means that you must have a LARGE undo retention and tablespace, otherwise your import will fail.

Really large undo is not normally generated by INSERTS, as Oracle only needs a rowid to undo the insert.

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jul 17 2006 - 12:02:22 CDT