CBO problem

From: Nirmalya Das <nirmalya_at_hln.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:54:58 -0700

Hi,

We are having this strange QEP problem...Let me try to explain....

Environment:

Oracle: Standard 10.1.0.4
Linux EL4

Some queries (which involves some Index Organized Tables) runs like a charm for some time and once in a while will a get a bad execution plan and will exceed the CPU limit assigned in the user profile.

We use the "Automatic Statistics Gathering" to collect statistics.

I remember a while back there was a thread on this particular issue the "Automatic Statistics Gathering" can sometimes produce undesirable results and QEP. I tried to search the archives of this list but could not locate the thread.

Does any one remember that or have some suggestions on using the "Automatic Statistics Gathering".

TIA