RE: Where are the columns

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:06:40 -0400

Thanks. It's always the simple stuff when you're knee deep in it.

Michael Kline

Database Administration

Outside 804.261.9446

Cell 804.744.1545

3-9446

From: Daniel W. Fink [mailto:danielwfink_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 10:30 AM
To: Kline.Michael
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Where are the columns

Michael,

The sqlplus command COLUMN (or COL) by itself will show all of the column definitions for the session. I've edited the output to get rid of extraneous definitions.

SQL> col
COLUMN droptime_plus_show_recyc ON
HEADING 'DROP TIME'
FORMAT a19

COLUMN objtype_plus_show_recyc ON
HEADING 'OBJECT TYPE'
FORMAT a12

COLUMN objectname_plus_show_recyc ON
HEADING 'RECYCLEBIN NAME'
FORMAT a30

COLUMN origname_plus_show_recyc ON
HEADING 'ORIGINAL NAME'
FORMAT a16
SQL> Regards,
Daniel Fink

Kline.Michael wrote:

I do a show recycle bin and the columns wrap. What or where are the columns coming from so one could set the size?

I tried using "ORIGINAL NAME" and "original_name" hoping, but that didn't do it.

ORIGINAL NAME    RECYCLEBIN NAME                OBJECT TYPE  DROP TIME

---------------- ------------------------------ ------------
-------------------

GROW_SUMIO_TABLE BIN$GJKj555BY3HgRAAWNXOiIw==$0 TABLE 2006-07-14:19:00:01

SUMIO_TODAY BIN$GJKj555AY3HgRAAWNXOiIw==$0 TABLE 2006-07-14:19:00:01

Recyclebin purged.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505

1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va. 23227
Tel: 804.261.9446 Net: 643.9446

Cell: 804.744.1545
michael.kline_at_suntrust.com <mailto:michael.kline_at_suntrust.com>

Seeing beyond Money(sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. [ST:XCL]