Re: Date Arithmetic

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:03:25 +0200

If all you need is a number of minutes, then it's fairly easy. When you subtract a date from another date (eg sysdate - flush_stamp) you obtain a (fractional) number of days. Multiply the result by 1440 to get it in minutes (it will required and additional TRUNC() or ROUND() because you still have seconds hanging around) or by 86400 to get seconds.

HTH S Faroult