ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12263], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

From: Renee Dekenah <renee.dekenah_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:27:06 +0100

Hi,

I have been in contact with Oracle Support about an ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12263], and they have declared it a bug in Oracle 10g and passed it over to Development, so I expect this post is a long shot.

Even so, has anybody else seen this error before, and if so, did you determine what caused it?

The environment where this error occurs includes Oracle 10g R1 and a WebSphere Application Server 6.0.1, both running on RedHat platforms. Once the error occurs, Oracle writes out .trc files in udump until the application on the application server is restarted. All is then quiet until a few hours later when the error recurs. I've had to reduce MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE as a temporary measure so disk space is not consumed too quickly when the error recurs.

Many thanks!
Renee Dekenah