Re: RBO changes plan from 8i to 9i

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:53:58 +0200

Hi Alex

Those changes only affects very simple Deletes such as

delete x where x_id = 1

The predicate must be part or all of a single index, if there are references to other columns then you will still see table access. I am not sure what this is called.

And by the way to disable nested loop parallel scan with multi join keys you can set _multi_join_key_table_lookup to FALSE and leave _table_lookup_prefetch_size with its default value. I am not sure which is betetr idea, I would guess modifying _multi_join_key_table_lookup might be a better approach since I am not sure what other features you are disbaling by setting _table_lookup_prefetch_size to cero.

Regards