RE: EM Database Control Licensing Info

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:36:38 -0700

Keep in mind, I believe you are allowed to use all the packs for 30 days under the development license that comes with the download, and there is no separate installation required for them. They are installed whether you want/license/use them or not. So you can take them for a test drive and then decide if you want to license them or not. As far as I understand - Oracle just trusts you to not use them if you haven't licensed them and I'm sure their lawyers wouldn't be too gentle with you if they caught you running them w/o a license, but I've never heard any stories about how that actually goes in real life - maybe someone on the list has a story to share?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and do not represent Oracle in anyway so please read the license carefully that comes with your software to verify whether you can really run the packs for 30 days or not.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        absolutely correct.

        On 7/13/06, d cheng <dc4oracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

                So even if we only installed the DB Control (not GRID Control), we still need to disable access to the various Packs if we didn't install them and are not licensed to use them ?