RE: EM Database Control Licensing Info

From: d cheng <dc4oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:26:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much Brandon!!

  So even if we only installed the DB Control (not GRID Control), we still need to disable access to the various Packs if we didn't install them and are not licensed to use them ?

"Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com> wrote:

        No - the Diagnostics, Tuning and Configuration packs are separately licensed products. It will tell you about this when you first run the database console. In my opinion, the Diagnostics pack is the most worthwhile one and the one that will remove the largest amount of functionality if you disable it. You can manage access to the different packs by clicking on "Setup" in the top-right corner, then clicking "Management Pack Access" in the menu on the left. You can grant and deny access to each pack separately and change the status at anytime. Note that the extra licenses are required for accessing the views and procedures at the command-line as well - not only for the db console gui, e.g. if you want to run "select . . . from v$active_session_history" then you are required to license the diagnostics pack. This is all covered in the online documentation so check it out for more detail.

  Regards,
  Brandon