Re: Oracle 10g upgrade - performance issue

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:02:04 +0200

And this is called "upgraded smoothly"? ;-) Anyway, if you desperate than some of quick fixes might be:

- optimizer_features_enable init.ora parameter
- statistics
- optimizer_mode init.ora parameter
- enable/disable CPU consting.

There is no silver bullet and as Allen mentioned "Method R" might be your friend but you need some time to get into it and actually some time to use it. But its results would be most probably the best. ;-)

2006/7/11, Peter Dixon <peterdixon001_at_hotmail.com>:
> Help!
>
> Upgraded 8.1.7.4 to 10g rel 2 smoothly over the weekend. Batch works fine,
> but OLTP is causing CPU and disk i/o to max out at 100%, i believe the
> optimiser is making bad decisions as my introducing rule hints the problem
> has slightly improved. Any ideas as our SR with Oracle says "tune the code"
> also we never got the issues in test.
>
> Peter Dixon

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev