CBO Predicate selectivity

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:44:18 -0000

Back to the basics.

I need any information on how CBO calculates [predicate] selectivity which is more precise than in the Note:68992.1

This note states that "c1 > :bind1 Default of 5%" which I doubt very much. At least it is not clear how distinct values/min-max values/datatype contribute to those 5% but the they do seem to contribute.

As a whole, CBO uses some heuristics (see Note:212809.1) which I need to tweak by manipulating statistics for one simple reason:

Thank you in advance,
Laimis
Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer