VCS and Dataguard

From: David Turner <dnt9000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running Oracle 10G with Dataguard and Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 and have run into problems. In the VCS docs I'm told to set the host=<VIP> yet dataguard tries to find the listener on the actual hostname. For example

 vip=hog
 host1=hog01
 host2=hog02

 host3=hog03(The standby)

 hog is a virtual ip that points to hog01. I've set the listener to listen on hog and successfully connect with sqlplus from hog03 to db01.hog but can't get dataguard to find the listener. It keeps looking for the listener on hog01 instead of hog.

 Does anyone have a quick howto on VCS and Dataguard? I couldn't find much of anything on metalink and it will be a while before our system guys get through to Veritas.

 Thx, Dave