RE: Pinning/keeping plans in shared pool

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:42:12 -0700

I removed all histograms on all 26 tables of the query, but the optimization time (parse/execute phase depending on bind variable peeking) still takes 14 seconds.

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of ramick

So, you're at 10.2.0.2 on AIX 5.3 from 8.0.6. You have a couple of queries joining 20+ tables which performs OK on 806 and has a very long parse time with 10gR2.