RE: Pinning/keeping plans in shared pool

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 00:21:07 -0700

I could use a stored outline, but I was hoping to avoid that. Someone else recommended using dbms_advanced_rewrite and from what I've read so far it looks promising so I'm going to do some testing with it next week. I'm still curious about why dbms_shared_pool.keep doesn't seem to be keeping the sql plan though - I'll ask Oracle support about it next week and come back to post their answer.

Thanks,
Brandon