RE: Using multiple Temp tablespaces

From: ramick <ramick_at_dotster.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:58:44 -0700

Yeah, we had much the same type of problem here a while ago.

I created a separate temp space for the "problem" users and assigned them to that one - that way the rest of production isn't affected and they can be controlled more closely. Seems a good plan to me, also.

We are on 9205, RH Linux.
We get some 1652's in the alert log and we have to determine if we are really out of space; usually not, but we have to chase it down anyway.

Which OS are you on?
Have you seen that bug 2858082 is fixed on 9207 in your environment?

I now have it balanced such that there is very little of the borrowing going on, but I had to waste some space in doing so. I also found that if the instance doesn't have to borrow at all, there is a performance gain.

Hope this helps,
Rich