RE: Linux does not show the freed space by a drop tablespace

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:36:53 -0500

Yes, depending on the operating system it will not free up until the process that was accessing it release the handle. When I used to work on solaris 9 we used a command (which currently escapes me) that listed all the process id’s that had handles on each datafile, then we used that id and traced which session in oracle was accessing them and had the user relog so we didn’t need to bounce the database.

Ken Naim