Is OID consumber really RO or RW?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:21:47 -0500

Hey all,

I finally have completed obtaining, manually installing, and configuring OID 10.1.2.1.0 w/LDAP-based (Single Master) replication. I connect to the Supplier and Consumer nodes via oidadmin and everything's running just fine.

In oidadmin when I open the Supplier node and click on "Replication Management", then the "Replica Status" tab on the right, both Supplier and Consumer show as being "Read/Write". But when I do the same under the Consumer node, the Consumer node shows as being "Read Only".

Is it just a matter of context? Is the Consumer R/W for the Supplier, but R/O to itself? I've been pouring through the OID Admin Guide and MetaLink, but can't seem to find the answer.

Anyone?

Rich

"Do you have any?" he asks, expecting the answer "No". -- Monty Python