RE: T2000 architecture

From: Shaw, John <john.shaw_at_correctionscorp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:48:14 -0500

Our sys admins brought in a couple of t2000's to add to our database cluster - we pulled them out. Most operations take twice as long to run compared to our e2900. We tried adding some degree's of parallelism, but it really didn't help out. The t2000's have been turned into web servers.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Closson Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 4:47 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

        A new customer has an issue where their new T2000-based RAC cluster running Oracle clusterware (CRS) has a node go to reset under moderate to intense disk IO workload (10GR2, Solaris 10). The node that is being connected to drops to the OK prompt and that's it. There are no logs or messages in any logfile, CRS or otherwise.

        Does anyone have any similar experiences?

....CRS reboots? Of course! Questions first. Is the customer using straight CRS or is it integrated with Sun Clusters or Veritas (yes 10gR2 will do that regardless of the "Marketing Machine" literature). To verify, do this:

$ ls -l /opt/ORCLcluster $CLUSTERDIR/lib/libskgxn2.so

With the answers to these questions, I can probably help you make some sense of it all.

(i) This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any associated files from your system. (ii) Views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Corrections Corporation of America. (iii) The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by e-mail transmission or any damage caused by any virus transmitted by or with this e-mail. This email has been scanned for content and viruses by the CipherTrust Email Security System.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 08:48:14 CDT