RE: comparsion of 9i vs. 10g

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:46:56 -0000

10g seems to be a good fix. Not so much to say for marketing types except of "g"(grid) but for dba's/developers:

A lot of more thing cleaned up like for example:

-dbms_output can now output 32k,
-sql with regular expressions (again, we could use owa_pattern before but not so easy)
-even documentation is better in some areas.

What I do not really like: OEM is something I refuse to trust for "one button press" database management. But that may be is personal, may be someone got OEM running stable.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mark Brinsmead Sent: 7. júlí 2006 03:02
To: joe_dba_at_hotmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: comparsion of 9i vs. 10g

There are, of course, lots of new features in 10g. I wouldn't have been released otherwise, would it?

Here's one major one that you won't find in the new features manual...

Oracle 9.2: 12 months to end of "premium" support. Oracle 10.2: More than 36 months to end of "premium" support.

Your managers will probably be able to *understand* that one. ;-)

On 7/6/06, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

	I am being asked by management to compare "new features" of 9i to 10g.  I
	have gone to oracle's website and looked around.  Does anybody know where
	there is a comparsion chart or speadsheet comparing 9i to 10g?

	thanks.

--

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead