Re: ** temp table or permanent

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:26:09 -0600

You seem to be jumping through a lot of hoops to solve a fairly straight-forward (sounding) problem.

Your first step should be to optimize / rewrite the query to perform less I/O and or execute more quickly.

Your second step should be to increase UNDO / Rollback as needed, within practical limits, of course.

After this, you might consider temporary tables (Global Temporary Table recommended) etc. or
Materialized Views.

Of course, advice like this is easy to give when I know *nothing* of your specific situation. ;-)

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead